Petition for the preservation and PROTECTION of the Danube, Kamenička ada, Šodroš and Ribarsko ostrvo (Fisherman’s island)
We the undersigned:
• Are committed to the sustainable development of the city of Novi Sad along the Danube in compliance with laws, protocols and signed directives concerning the Danube River Basin.
• Are committed to the preservation of natural and landscape values, biodiversity and hatcheries in the floodplain of the Danube, Kamenička ada, Šodroš and Ribarsko ostrvo.
• Advocate for the proclamation of a protected area in the area of Dunavac, Kamenička ada, Šodroš and Ribarsko island with different zones of protection and use of space as this area represents a unique natural habitat of great and financially immeasurable importance for the local population, spawning of Danube fish, flood protection and urban biodiversity.
• Advocate that the basic purpose of the floodplain of the Danube, Kamenička ada, Šodroš and Ribarsko ostrvo should be for various recreational, educational, sports, scientific and cultural activities in accordance with the law.
• Demand immediate postponement of all considerations for the construction of a new bridge over Kamenička ada and accompanying access roads until the protection is established over the Danube, Kamenička ada, Šodroš and Ribarsko ostrvo before the adoption of the new General Urban Plan of Novi Sad. The old GUP expires in 2021, and it is unacceptable to force such a large infrastructural project at all costs under the veil of the GUP which expires soon.
• Are committed to solving the problem of illegal construction in the area of Kamenička ada and bringing functional purpose to this floodplain.
• Oppose the categorization and use of floodplain land as construction land because it endangers the flood defense of the city of Novi Sad.
• Oppose the endangerment and relocation of the embankment along the very bank of the Danube because that seriously endangers the flood defense of the city of Novi Sad.
• Oppose the violent urbanization of the area of Dunavac, Kamenička ada, Šodroš and Ribarsko ostrvo.
• Oppose the formation of an artificial enclosed rowing track in the area of Dunavac and Šodroš because it will functionally and critically endanger this hatchery and the natural water habitat as a whole.
• Oppose the installation of an international marina at the entrance to the Danube, as this would jeopardize the unimpeded entry and exit of fish from the natural hatchery.
The Informal Civic Initiative Dunavac Šodroš invites fellow citizens to sign this petition, with the help of a large number of engaged environmental organizations from Novi Sad.
Daniela Stojković Jovanović- NGO World and Danube Kontaktirajte autora peticije
|Prijavite se da biste upravljali svojom peticijom.|